The Montessori School of Northampton
- Schools/Educational Programs
- Non-Profit Organizations
Welcome to a community of over one hundred families dedicated to the journey of Montessori education. At our school, children are given the precious gift of time: time to know themselves, time to nurture friendships, time to learn, explore and reach out to the world around them. Montessori education is a dynamic philosophy with over a hundred years of experience in ''helping children help themselves.''
The Montessori School of Northampton is firmly rooted in Maria Montessori's philosophy as it applies to today's world. The school provides an exceptional education with a comprehensive curriculum, covered at a pace and sequence adapted for a variety of learning styles; emphasizes compassion, inclusiveness and respectful resolution of conflict; and promotes the interrelatedness of everything in the world and its peoples. By following this mission, the Montessori School of Northampton strives to prepare:
Well-educated, inquisitive students
Effective, self-directed learners
Caring and confident human beings participating in their home communities
Engaged, informed and responsible citizens of the global community.
- Each Montessori classroom has a multi-year age span.
- We have a beautiful, shaded, 1.5 acre playground featuring climbing structures, swings, tire swings, and open spaces.
- We have a diverse student body in every sense of the word.
- Our students range in age from 2 years through 14 years.
- We offer mini-sessions during school vacation weeks, and summer sessions.
MSN is located in a residential section of Northampton, convenient to the Industrial Park, Damon Road, Rt 9, Routes 5 & 10 and Route 91. Bus route and bike path accessible.