- Schools/Educational Programs
- Colleges & Universities
- Non-Profit Organizations
Selective, internationally known liberal arts college for women.
Since its founding in 1871, Smith College has provided women of high ability and promise an education of uncompromising quality. A world-class faculty of scholars are fully engaged with their students' intellectual development, and an open curriculum encourages each student to explore many fields of knowledge. Mentors for scholarship, leadership and service, across all spectrums of endeavor, allow Smith students to observe different models of achievement, then set their own course with conviction.
- 1,000 courses in more than 50 areas of study
- 2,600 undergraduates in Northampton and 250 studying elsewhere
- More than 120 chartered student organizations
- 36 self-governing houses accomodate between 10 and 100 women
- 14 varsity sports and extensive intramural and club sport programs