Collaborative for Educational Services Occupational Therapy Center
- Occupational Therapists
The Collaborative's Occupational Therapy Center provides individual and small group treatment services on motor development, handwriting, and sensory processing issues, as well as evaluations (including the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test when indicated). Services are available to families, schools and childcare centers, and other agencies.
The clinic's staff of licensed occupational therapists has extensive experience treating children and adults with various needs, from typical youngsters with mild delays to those with specific disabilities such as autism, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, ADHD, and other issues. Our holistic approach connects therapy with the settings and tasks encountered in daily life. Treatment plans are developed in close collaboration with home and school teams.
The Center's comfortable, welcoming therapeutic space offers state-of-the-art equipment and a safe, playful environment. The setting is ideal for the personalized treatment opportunities not always available in a hospital or school setting. The Center's main room resembles a gym, with swings, scooters, ramps, and climbing structures that provide a variety of movement experiences. Tactile materials and small manipulatives help address sensory and fine motor needs. A separate evaluation room provides quiet, focused space for an accurate and thorough assessment of needs.
Workshops and consultation services are available for schools, families, childcare programs, healthcare professionals, and other agencies.
- Gross motor development: Coordination, balance, increased physical confidence and safety awareness
- Fine motor development: Hand skills, dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
- Sensory processing: Integrated responses to information perceived through touch, sound, and other senses
- Play, social, and academic skills: Engaging with people and the environment, organization, flexibility, and self-regulat
- Daily living skills: Self-help skills for every day tasks, appropriate social and communication behaviors